Friday, November 23, 2012

1st introduction and movies


Hey there. It feels weird typing as if I’m writing to someone. I have always wanted to write a blog and find uses for all those miniature writing pieces I write. I want to keep track of my writing and keep it up. I need to practice the art of creative writing and I would like to remember some little things that would just take up a post-it note on my computer desktop. 

The hard part I've found in the last half hour in writing a blog is getting started. What do you start with? Something serious? A picture? After whole minutes of scrutiny, I've decided to make a list of iconic movie quotes: ones that almost everyone recognizes even if they haven’t seen the movie. Maybe at least a start of a list. If anyone has ideas, feel free to send them to me. Other than that, here goes nothing! 

I’d like to point out how interesting it is to me that these quotes, most of the time nonsense, sticks with us. I wonder why that is. Why these words are wired into our subconscious memories such that we recognize them when other TV shows and movies reference them for comedy. 

I personally don't watch a lot of movies because I can't sit still long enough. Here are some movie quotes that I recognize without having seen many of the movies where they are spoken.
A SHORT LIST OF SOME ICONIC AND CONSIDERABLY WELL KNOWN MOVIE AND TV QUOTES
1.      “Toto, I’ve got a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore.” –The Wizard of Oz
2.      "You had me at 'hello'." - Jerry Maguire
3.      "It's alive! It's alive!" – Frankenstein
4.      "Mama always said, 'Life was like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get." - Forest Gump
5.      "You can't handle the truth!" - A Few Good Men
6.      "I see dead people." - The Sixth Sense
7.      "My precious." - The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
8.      "E.T. phone home." - E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial
9.      "Get your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!" - Planet of the Apes
10.  "You're gonna need a bigger boat." –Jaws
11.  “I’ll be back.” –Terminator
12.  "If you build it, he will come." –Field of Dreams
13.  "Bond, James Bond" - James Bond
14.  "Here's Johnny!" – The Shining
15.  "Say 'hello' to my little friend!" –Scarface
16.  "Elementary, my dear Watson." –The adventures of Sherlock Holmes
17.  "I feel the need—the need for speed!" –Top Gun
18.  “I'm the king of the world!” –The Titanic
19.  “You’re a wizard, Harry.” –Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
20.  “Off with her head!” –Alice in Wonderland
21. "It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's superman!" Superman 
22. "To infinity, and beyond!" –Toy Story

No comments:

Post a Comment